Tuesday 14 February 2012

It's Only Tuesday!

It's been one of those days that began when I got to school at 6:30 this morning and didn't really end until right now. It's 9 o'clock and I can't believe it is ONLY Tuesday. Why is it that special days, like Valentine's Day, just take more energy. Besides the out-of-routine Valentine's Day activities, today was a bit abnormal.  I double booked myself at lunch with a yearbook meeting and a science fair meeting. It all worked out in the end, but made for a busy day. Right after school I got all my centres ready for 100's day. (Yes, it just so happens to be in the same week as Valentine's Day. I hope to post so of the activities we do and let you know how they go.) Following this, I raced to the gym for a workout class that just about killed me. Then, I rushed home after returning a late library book (I think I have bought an entire shelf of books with all the fines I pay that library). When I got home I quickly whipped up supper just in time for my husband to come home. Our conversation was mostly spent by me venting about my frustration over what to do with some of my yearbook club. (I just started the club this year and it's not going as well as I had hoped.) Right after this we went out to buy a snow shovel to clear the sidewalks by the new house we just bought. (By new I mean the 100 years old house we are renovating). Then, since it is Valentine's Day we swung through the McDonald's drive-thru for a McFlurry. So romantic, so us!
As last I am sitting on the couch but barely keeping my eyes open. It's moments like this when I wonder how full time teachers can also be full time moms. I am just in awe of those women who can pull off both jobs.
Well, I can tell by my ramblings that it's time for bed. After all, it's only Tuesday an the week has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment