Today we might go back for the morning, but then in the afternoon I am heading to school to get caught up on life in the classroom.
Here is a list of things I hope to accomplish over the next couple of days:
- Rearrange my classroom - I am finding that it's not quite set up the way I'd like to to be for guided math and Daily 5. I figure if this is how I am going to teach, I'd better make the room compatible.
- Start on report cards - Our term ends on March 2, but I already have marks complete for science and math. I should be able to get those two subjects finished.
- Plan guided math - I really want to get more into this, so I need to do more research and planning as I slowly phase in. My students are so excited about this, which makes me want to give it all I've got.
- Mark - oh do I have a pile and a half to catch up on!
- Plan other subjects - I am starting a new Social Studies unit on government soon and a new unit on building. I should get a better idea of what I want to change from last year and add.
- Write my March newsletter - once I am more planned for the month I can tackle writing the newsletter.
- Sort and organize - If I am rearranging my room, I am most likely going to to be sorting and 'Spring Cleaning' my resources. I am only in my 4th year of teaching, but I refuse to keep things that I have never used and most likely won't. Cluttered, is not an adjective that I ever want used to describe my classroom.
Have a great week everyone!